Huntsman Scholarship Application
The scholarship application for Huntsman School of Business scholarships is closed.
Recipients for Academic Year 2013-2014 have been selected and notified.
Please be aware of the following regarding the allocation process:
- We created one online application for all Huntsman School scholarship applications to make it simpler and easier for the customer, namely, our students. We incorporated the various donor stipulations into that application.
- A scholarship committee representing faculty and staff across the Huntsman School spent considerable time discussing what is meant by "best and brightest," evaluated all applications, and created a formula and set of rules in awarding scholarships. All this to ensure objectivity of allocations.
- We took into account scholarships applicants have from other sources, subtracting that amount from our award. Our general rule was that the top amount we award is full tuition and fees.
- Honor all donor agreements.
The rules and formula for AY 2013-2014 allocations were as follows:
- An index formula that awards a score with weighted components based upon 1) overall GPA and credit hours and 2) Huntsman GPA and credit hours, with the Huntsman component making up approximately 2/3 of the weighting.
- Outside of the index, students that maintained a 4.0 Huntsman AND Overall GPA (with at least 10 Huntsman credits).
- Outside of the index, students that maintained a 3.8-3.99 Huntsman GPA, with at least 15 Huntsman credits were awarded a lesser amount than the 4.0 students as per above.
- Students that met the above expectations, but were graduating within one semester were awarded half of the appropriate amounts.
We ran through 10 different models, for 3 different index formulas, before settling on the final allocation index. When we modeled that formula and discovered some inequities, we created a set of rules to decrease any inequities while holding to our philosophy of recognizing the best and brightest. We fully realize that our formula is not perfect, and we will work to refine this allocation process.
If you have any questions regarding our scholarship application or allocation process, please contact Kaye Andersen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 435-797-2272 in the Programs and Advising Office in BUS 309.
We commend all of our applicants. It is a great feeling to know that we have so many outstanding students at the Huntsman School.